What to do and where to go before the end of the holiday season!
December tends to fly by--- between cramming at work to close out the year, the holiday parties.... AND DID I MENTION THE HOLIDAY PARTIES!? So many holiday parties. It's half way through the month, and you realize you've BARELY done anything, well, fun to celebrate the most wonderful season of all. Maybe you're in Dallas for Christmas, or maybe you have approximately 5 days to get in the holiday spirit before heading home. Either way, I've got some ideas for you. There is NO TIME to waste.... let's go go go (to the tune of ho ho ho)!!
Date or Friend Group Activities:
1. Arboretum 12 Days of Christmas Exhibit-- head to the Dallas Arboretum to check out the 12 Days of Christmas Exhibit, and then head over to Smoky Rose afterwards for a drink and/or bite to eat! Smoky Rose is SUPER cozy with outdoor fire pits, which makes this a PERFECT date.
2. Carriage Ride-- Northstar Carriage STILL has some carriage rides available that take you through Highland Park or Downtown (your choice... I personally prefer Highland Park!). Bring along some spiked hot chocolate, or even stop by Up on Knox beforehand for an espresso martini if you're in one of the later carriages. Link to reserve here: https://www.dfwcarriages.com
3. Halcyon Movie Night-- Halcyon has been hosting the CUTEST date nights each Friday this month... they offer 1/2 priced wine, free s'mores for 2, AND a movie showing at 8:30! This Friday, they are showing ELF!!! I suggest getting there a little early to snag a spot... they have great food for dinner, as well.
4. Dallas Zoo Lights--- head to the Dallas Zoo for light shows, music entertainment, and holiday treats this month from 5-9 PM! It's pretty close to Bishop Arts District (one of my favorite areas to walk around in the winter), so you can mosey on over there afterwards. If you're looking for a nightcap, Tiny Victories is doing a Sippin Santa Pop-up... so grab a holiday tiki drink in this amazing spot to close out the evening!
Restaurants/bars decked out for the holidays:
1. Hudson House, Leela's, and Paradiso all have the most beautiful (and instagrammable) decor. Go enjoy it (and take a photo, of course) before it's too late!
2. Hide-- I'm sure you've seen photos of their pop-up ALL over Instagram! It is COMPLETELY worth heading to Deep Ellum to check it out before the New Year.
3. Dibs on Victory/Tiny Victories-- the tiki "Sippin' Santa" pop-ups are SO FUN and different! My recommendation for when you're looking to get 1 drink (and mean it... haha). They are VERY boozy!
5. Winterproof (AKA Waterproof)-- rent an igloo with friends for a few hours and pop a few bottles to celebrate the end of an amazing year! You'll definitely want to check out this winter wonderland before it's gone.
6. Savor at Klyde Warren Park isn't decorated itself so much, but overlooks Klyde Warren Park, which is STUNNING with all of the lights this holiday season (**this is a GREAT place to get dinner Christmas Eve!**)
7. Highland Park Village is an absolute sight this time of year with ALL of the trees lit. Whether you're heading to Lounge/Bistro 31, Honor Bar, Mi Cocina, Fachini, or Cafe Pacific, it's bound to be a magical time!
8. The Adolphus is absolutely STUNNING this time of year! Head to the lobby bar for a drink and sit by the fire, admiring the incredible Christmas Tree they never fail to deliver on year after year.
I Hope everyone has an amazing holiday season... next to come will be a New Years Eve recap!